While GPA, class selection, test scores, and extracurricular activities are important for college admissions, the essays—including the Common Application essay and supplementary essays—are an integral part of many college applications.
Let us help you prepare your application and essays.
Essays that Work and Essays that Don’t (one two-hour session)
This two-hour workshop provides an overview of both the Common Application essays and supplemental essays. Students will learn:
- What colleges are looking for in your essay.
- How your essay supports and enhances the rest of your application.
- What to avoid when writing your essay.
- How to tell a good story.
- How to present your best self to admission readers
- Whether or not you should use the essay to explain weaknesses in your application.
- When and how to use the same essay for multiple applications.
- How to write in your own voice.
Advanced College Essay Workshop (two two-hour sessions)
This four-hour workshop will help students to brainstorm, draft, and revise their college essays. This is a great opportunity for students to get personal feedback on their essays and work towards a final draft.
For more information, contact David Cerniglia at david[at]3RPrep.com / 412.513.6578